DTE17 Tape Edge Machine
The DTE17 is a fully electronic Tape Edge Machine that is designed to speed up your mattress closing operation while reducing operator fatigue and machine downtime.
The DTE17's electronic motor control system replaces the traditional system of connecting a knee lever to a mechanical brake/clutch. Instead, a "feather-touch" kneepad operates a simple switch to turn the motor on/off. This electronic system significantly reduces the pressure on the operator's leg and decreases mechanical complexity inside the carriage.
The machine also incorporates motorized carriage repositioning to reduce cycle time and operator fatigue. Traditionally, to reposition a mattress when approaching a corner, an operator would turn off the carriage motor, disengage the carriage from the track, push/pull the mattress and carriage to a new spot, then reengage the carriage, and finally turn the motor back on. With our motorized system, the operator only needs to use the "Roll" joystick and the carriage will stop and jog to a new position while helping to pull the mattress. The operator never has to disengage the carriage or even explicitly turn off the motor!
The DTE17 comes standard with motorized head tilt (0-60° below horizontal) and table height (12in stroke) adjustment that both are controlled by a single joystick. Using a combination of head tilt and table height, the needle can be positioned from 2-27in above the table top.
All of the operator's controls (e.g. joysticks, start button, engagement handle) have been thoughtfully placed in convenient locations to improve comfort and decrease cycle time. Even the emergency stop switch is placed in a location that is easy to access, yet, hard to actuate accidentally.
In addition to everything listed above, all electronics on the carriage (e.g. the operator's control box) are sealed to protect from dust that inevitably builds up inside on the carriage while sewing; the machine has under-table wiring leading to the carriage; the drive system uses simple V-belts in place of a round endless belt; and the machine is equipped with a new D300TE Sewing Head.
- Includes new D300TE Sewing Head built specifically for tape edge duty.
- Powder-coated, queen-size table top.
- V-belt drivetrain (i.e. no round endless belts).
- Electronic braking (i.e. no mechanical clutch).
- Carriage speed adjustable via control box.
- Automatic corner slow down.
- Motorized carriage repositioning:
- Eliminates manual pulling & pushing.
- Controlled via joystick.
- Motorized head tilt and table height:
- Needle adjusts from 2-27in above table top.
- Head tilts from 0-60° below horizontal.
- Under-table wiring w/ easy-access brushes.
- Sealed, dust-tight carriage electronics.
- Lockable, UL489-rated disconnect switch.
- Electrical requirements: 200-240VAC, 50/60Hz.
- Single-phase: 17.5 FLA.
- Three-phase: 9.3 FLA.
- Lock-stitch sewing head.
- Retrofit an existing sewing head.
- Crib, full, king, or california-king-size table top.
- Stainless steel table top.