THS15 Heat Sealer
The THS15 is an impulse heat sealer designed specifically for sealing plastic mattress bags or other large plastic wraps.
Its long sealing jaws can seal most bag widths (twin to king-size) and thicknesses (up to 10mil) in approximately 8-15sec. The standard gap between the jaws is 7in but available up to 18in for customers who wish to pass the mattress through the jaws.
Once a mattress is bagged on the loading side, the operator can pull the open end of the bag through the jaws and begin the sealing process by holding down a heavy-duty foot switch.
The sealing process is controlled entirely by a small PLC (i.e. no physical timers and relays) that features multiple sealing modes (manual/automatic) and an obstruction detection system. Sealing/cooling times, a piece counter, and control options are accessible via an LCD screen and keypad located inside the control enclosure.
The THS15 is also outfitted with indicator lights ("Ready" and "Sealing"), a UL498-rated disconnect switch, and a cable-pull emergency stop switch.
Like most of our products, the THS15 can be modified for your specific application. Common modifications include custom jaw separations, custom jaw lengths, and bag roll holders.
Brochure: THS15 Heat Sealer (PDF document, 0.38MB)
- Seals up to 10mil-thick poly bags in 8-15sec.
- 84in sealing length.
- Bed height adjustable from 30-40in above floor.
- 7in sealing jaw separation.
- Single 1/8in-wide seal.
- Heavy-duty foot switch initiates sealing process.
- LCD screen and keypad used to access seal/cool times, piece counter, and control options.
- Safety controls detect obstructions (1/2in-thick or greater) between sealing jaws.
- Lockable, UL489-rated disconnect switch.
- Electrical requirements: 200-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 1-phase, 8.5FLA.
- Compressed air requirements: 80-120psi, 3cfm.
- Custom jaw separation (up to 18in).
- Custom jaw length.
- Custom loading bed height.
- Dual sealing bands.
- Custom sealing band widths.